Scotland Tours Search
Cannongate and Holyrood Palace Walking Tour
Tour Theme: Historic Old Town Walking Tours
This tour starts from: Edinburgh
Duration: Half Day - 1 hour 30 min
Tread the route of royals, past and present - and let your expert guide unlock the history of this ancient seat of power. Discover the hidden history of the Canongate, and the glorious Palace of Holyroodhouse.
Discover an approach to the palace that escapes the notice of history books and bus tours. As you walk down the quiet closes of the Canongate your expert guide will show you a different side of the royal city - in rich, engaging detail.
Here, rebellious Jacobites clattered over the cobbles, led by a proud Bonnie Prince Charlie. And Deacon Brodie led his dual life as locksmith and thief, immortalised by Robert Louis Stevenson. In the hands of your gifted storyteller, you'll find that romance and intrigue are everywhere - in the architecture, literature, crime and politics, on the very doorstep of the Queen's Palace.
Your chance to explore the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
After the Canongate, your guide will introduce the glorious Palace of Holyroodhouse - which you'll explore in your own time. You'll find 14 magnificent state apartments, as well as the romantic ruins of the 12th century Holyrood Abbey.
The palace was the setting for many dramatic episodes in the short reign of Mary, Queen of Scots - and Her Majesty The Queen still makes use of the State Apartments for royal ceremonies.
BOOK THIS TOUR IF YOU'D LIKE TO...
- Journey through the ancient, picturesque burgh of the Canongate
- Meander through beautiful, hidden closes and gardens
- Explore Holyrood Palace, Her Majesty The Queen's official residence in Scotland
- Hear tales of past royal residents including Mary, Queen of Scots
Royal Edinburgh Experience
Operated by: Mercat Tours Rank 3
- 2 Day Tour of Loch Ness and Inverness
- Isle of Skye and Highlands Scotland Tour
- Scotland Highland Explorer Tour
- Outer Hebrides Tour Experience - Skye, Harris and Lewis
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky Trail Tour Scotland
- Orkney Islands and Far North of Scotland Tour
- more Scotland Tours