Scotland Tours Search
Sketching the Royal Mile Tour
Tour Theme: Historic Old Town Walking Tours
This tour starts from: Edinburgh
Duration: Half Day - 3 hours
This is a Private Tour
This exclusive workshop and Edinburgh Sketcher mixes storytelling and sketching as you find inspiration from Edinburgh's spectacular sites and stories.
Can you sketch the essence of the stories you hear?
We'll unlock the tales that are captured within Edinburgh's most famous Old Town sites. From closes to courtyards and gardens to gallows, the hidden gems of the UNESCO World Heritage Site will be revealed, ready for your own sketch pad.
Expert and novice alike, you won't fail to love sketching in the world's most beautiful thoroughfare.
Create quick drawings during your tour along Edinburgh's Royal Mile with guidance from the famous Edinburgh Sketcher. Using ink and watercolour you'll capture your visit as thousands of travellers have done before you through the centuries.
Once you've explored the Royal Mile sites you'll settle in the private underground Megget's Cellar for further sketching tips and refreshments. You'll leave the workshop with your own mounted sketch, a greater knowledge of the city and as many sketches as you've created throughout the morning.
Previous drawing experience isn't needed - just bring your enthusiasm!
All sketching materials and refreshments are included.
BOOK THIS TOUR IF YOU'D LIKE TO...
- Discover fabulous locations and stories of Edinburgh's Royal Mile
- Learn or improve your sketching skills
- Enjoy a personal tour
- Take a unique self-made souvenir home with you
Sketching by the Mile
Operated by: Mercat Tours Rank 10
- 2 Day Tour of Loch Ness and Inverness
- Isle of Skye and Highlands Scotland Tour
- Scotland Highland Explorer Tour
- Outer Hebrides Tour Experience - Skye, Harris and Lewis
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky Trail Tour Scotland
- Orkney Islands and Far North of Scotland Tour
- more Scotland Tours