Scotland Tours Search
Orkney Islands Day Tour from Inverness
Tour Theme: Day Tours from the Highlands
This tour starts from: Inverness
Duration: 1 Day - 14 hours approx.
See the spectacular Far North Highlands. Visit famous John O'Groats, cross the Pentland Firth on the Orkney Ferry and enjoy a 6 hour tour of the Orkney Islands.
Your coach picks you up from Inverness. Now settle back and enjoy the spectacular scenery of Scotland's Far North. You'll arrive at famous John O'Groats, the End of the Road, where the Orkney Ferry will be waiting to speed you across the Pentland Firth. In only 40 minutes you will step ashore in Orkney where a coach will be waiting to drive you over the Famous Churchill Barriers to Kirkwall and the rest of your Orkney Tour.
This tour visits some of the main sites of interest on the Orkney Islands. See Skara Brae, the Churchill Barriers, Scapa Flow, the Ring of Brodgar, the Standing Stones of Stenness, the Italian Chapel and 1 hour in Kirkwall with an opportunity to see Kirkwall's magnificent 12th century Cathedral.
- Famous John O’ Groats
- Skara Brae - Older than the Pyramids!
- Scapa FLOW
- Churchill Barriers
- standing stones
- Kirkwall's Viking Cathedral
- the Italian Chapel
Enjoy a full 6 hour tour of the islands!
See the spectacular Far north Highlands and Famous John O’ Groats!
LOOK Out For Puffins and Atlantic Grey seals On Your trip to Orkney!
Operated by: JOG Ferry Rank 5
- 2 Day Tour of Loch Ness and Inverness
- Isle of Skye and Highlands Scotland Tour
- Scotland Highland Explorer Tour
- Outer Hebrides Tour Experience - Skye, Harris and Lewis
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky Trail Tour Scotland
- Orkney Islands and Far North of Scotland Tour
- more Scotland Tours