Scotland Tours Search
Whisky Tasting and Edinburgh Vaults Tour
Tour Theme: Whisky Tours
This tour starts from: Edinburgh
Duration: Half Day - 2 hours
This is a Private Tour
Journey through shadowy closes and wynds, and deep into the Blair Street Underground Vaults - then retire to Megget's cellar for a candlelit malt whisky tasting, exclusively for your private group.
Treason. Torture. Tormented souls. Explore the darker side of Edinburgh's Old Town on this private tour. You'll go far beyond the history you might find in books and on bus tours. Your cloaked guide will lead your group through the perpetual gloom of the Old Town's closes and wynds, spinning true tales of gruesome crimes and cruel punishments - and of the ghosts that still cling to these ancient walls.
Dark streets, deep vaults, and a candlelit whisky tasting
Then we'll head into the depths of the Blair Street Underground Vaults. Built in the 18th century and rediscovered in the 1980s, the vaults are Edinburgh's most famous haunted site. Watch for the change in temperature, the damp air, and an uneasy chill.
The tour finishes with a whisky tasting in the candlelit Megget's Cellar. There's no better way to warm the spirits after this chilling tour. You'll taste four Scottish whiskies, under the guidance of a specialist from The Royal McGregor - in a kilt, of course. Our expert will cover everything you need to know about the water of life; from how whisky is made to the effects that different elements such as water, barley, peat have during the maturation process. Nose and taste your way through four regions, with single malts from Speyside, Highlands, Islay and Lowland distilleries.
Just consider this your first step to becoming a whisky connoisseur!
If you know what styles of whisky you'd like to try, tell us when you book and we'll do our best to have it ready for you.
BOOK THIS TOUR IF YOU'D LIKE TO...
- Be enthralled by our sinister and unsavoury, past exploring the shadowy closes of the Old Town
- Experience the famous haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults of Edinburgh by candle-light
- Relish fine malt whiskies and learn how your dram was created
Tour & Tasting
Operated by: Mercat Tours Rank 9
- 2 Day Tour of Loch Ness and Inverness
- Isle of Skye and Highlands Scotland Tour
- Scotland Highland Explorer Tour
- Outer Hebrides Tour Experience - Skye, Harris and Lewis
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky Trail Tour Scotland
- Orkney Islands and Far North of Scotland Tour
- more Scotland Tours