Scotland Tours Search
Ghostly Underground Edinburgh Tour
Tour Theme: Ghost Tours
This tour starts from: Edinburgh
Duration: Half Day - 1 hour 15min
A daytime tour of Edinburgh's most haunted vaults - and we're the only people with access. This tour is perfect for a peek into the city's ghostly past, because things don't only go bump in the night.
The true history of the Blair Street Underground Vaults is terrifying enough - so abandon thoughts of manufactured frights and make-believe. The skill is in the storytelling: the vaults witnessed the deeds of mischief-makers and murderers, vagrants and torturers. It's one of Edinburgh's most haunted sites, where restless spirits still tread.
Want see Edinburgh's haunted vaults?
First you'll follow your cloaked local guide through the shadowy closes of Edinburgh's Old Town. These are dark streets untouched by daylight, filled with a strange silence, their damp walls carrying only the faintest echo of the crowds on the high street you've left behind.
With the scene set, you'll descend into the depths of the city - and listen in horror to its dark and sinister side. Torture. Murder. Hangings. From body snatchers to the real-life Jekyll and Hyde, you'll be gripped by the true tales that lie hidden beneath Edinburgh's streets.
Watch out for a cold breath on the back of the neck, a whisper, a flicker - then silence. It's all the more chilling for being absolutely real: there are no tricks or jump scares on our ghost tours.
BOOK THIS TOUR IF YOU'D LIKE TO...
- Experience a ghost tour in the safety of the daylight hours
- Get up close to Edinburgh’s haunted past
- Explore the famous Blair Street Underground Vaults
- Enjoy a personal tour in a small group
- Learn about torturers, murderers, and the real Jekyll and Hyde
Operated by: Mercat Tours Rank 4
- 2 Day Tour of Loch Ness and Inverness
- Isle of Skye and Highlands Scotland Tour
- Scotland Highland Explorer Tour
- Outer Hebrides Tour Experience - Skye, Harris and Lewis
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky Trail Tour Scotland
- Orkney Islands and Far North of Scotland Tour
- more Scotland Tours