Scotland Tours Search
Descend and Discover Independent Visit of Edinburgh Vaults
Tour Theme: Ghost Tours
This tour starts from: Edinburgh
Duration: Half Day - 45min
Deep beneath the streets of Scotland's capital, you'll discover the city's oldest vaults. This self-guided tour is ideal for independent explorers, young and old.
Armed with a map to guide you, descend into the Blair Street Underground Vaults to explore Edinburgh's subterranean past. See where the city's destitute lived and worked - and where their restless spirits tread.
An expert local guide will start the story for you, then you're free to roam the vaults. Peering into the darker corners might give you an idea of where the body snatchers hid their wares, or how the city's most unfortunate inhabitants lived.
Want to see Edinburgh's darkest secret?
The vaults have changed little since the 18th century: in our Discovery Room you'll find a few artefacts from the first excavation in the 1980s, as well as a 3D model and a captivating presentation.
You're then free to explore the vaults on your own for up to 45 minutes in the vaults. Go at your own pace, and spend a little time imagining life here: dark, damp, airless spaces, the heart of the city's underworld.
BOOK THIS TOUR IF YOU'D LIKE TO...
- Get exclusive access to the city's oldest, deepest vaults
- Discover secrets and stories of Edinburgh's underworld
- Explore at your own pace
Operated by: Mercat Tours Rank 5
- 2 Day Tour of Loch Ness and Inverness
- Isle of Skye and Highlands Scotland Tour
- Scotland Highland Explorer Tour
- Outer Hebrides Tour Experience - Skye, Harris and Lewis
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky Trail Tour Scotland
- Orkney Islands and Far North of Scotland Tour
- more Scotland Tours