Scotland Tours Search
Celebrity Castles and Premium Seafood Tour
Tour Theme: Gastronomy Food Tours
This tour starts from: Glasgow
Duration: 1 Day - 9 hours 30min approx.
This is a Private Tour
If you only have one day in our wonderful country then you had best get straight to the heart of it! With Brenda Anderson, World Food Travel Association Ambassador for Scotland curating this perfect day incorporating salmon, seafood and a visit to Downtown Abbey's fictional 'Duneagle Castle', it's guaranteed to deliver unique taste memories that will last a lifetime.
You'll gain a unique insight into the hand-crafting of Scottish Smoked Salmon as guests of the Colquhoun Clan at their local smokehouse. You'll lunch on the freshest west coast Scottish seafood. There's time to visit the magnificent Inverary Castle and enjoy a farewell drink overlooking Loch Lomond in the 5-star Cameron House Hotel.
From the king of fish to the king of the castle, this is a wonderful way to get right to the heart of Scotland!
Day by Day Itinerary:
- 08:30 Meet your Executive Driver-Guide Brenda Anderson at your home/hotel accommodation.
- Smoked Salmon Smokehouse Visit one of Scotland's newest smokehouses in its idyllic setting on the banks of Loch Lomond, home to the Head of the Colquhoun Clan. After a unique insight on production, you'll enjoy a delicious light tasting from their speciality range.
- 2-course Premium Scottish Seafood Lunch with Fizz You simply can't eat any fresher than when the Oysters and Mussels are plucked straight from the tranquil loch you are sitting by. Loch Fyne renowned as one of the most perfect spots for premium Scottish Seafood; and of course, there'll be the famous local smoked fish delicacy "Kippers" to try.
- Inverary Castle Visit. You are cordially invited into the magnificent home and gardens of the current Duke of Argyll for an interesting visit into the lives of this much-loved Scottish family.
- A Scotch Whisky in ‘The Great Scots Bar'. Enjoy a final celebratory drink in this famous bar within the iconic 5-star Cameron House on Loch Lomond.
- 18:00 Arrive back in Edinburgh/Glasgow at your home/hotel accommodation.
Operated by: Tasting Scotland Rank 5
- 2 Day Tour of Loch Ness and Inverness
- Isle of Skye and Highlands Scotland Tour
- Scotland Highland Explorer Tour
- Outer Hebrides Tour Experience - Skye, Harris and Lewis
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky Trail Tour Scotland
- Orkney Islands and Far North of Scotland Tour
- more Scotland Tours