Scotland Tours Search
Stirling Castle Fast Track Tickets
Tour Theme: Historic and Cultural Tours
This tour starts from: Stirling
Duration: 1 Day
A fast track admission ticket includes entrance to all attractions within Stirling Castle. Located in the central belt it is considered the most important place in Scotland. Because of it's location in the centre of the country it has been the venue for many battles with such heroes as William Wallace and Robert the Bruce. It eventually became favourite dwelling for the Stuart Destiny; James IV, V and Mary Queen of Scots.
Stirling is easily accessible by Car, Train and Bus. It is about 1 hour's away from both Edinburgh and Glasgow. Below are some of the highlights of Stirling Castle...
- Royal Palace: a great piece of Renaissance Architecture. It dates back to the 1500s and was originally built by James V for his French Bride. Most recently it has been refurbished and has historical actors inside to give you a true feeling of the era.
- Great Hall: used by the Stuarts for their great feasts and celebrations. It is the largest banqueting hall ever built in medieval Scotland. Five enormous fireplaces provided heating. A hammer beam roof soared above.
- Chapel Royal: the last royal building in the castle. It has been part of many historical events. The frescoes inside are on of the best in Scotland.
- Great Kitchens: it is on the Outer Close and was a very busy scene for the castle staff. It is where food was prepared and cooked, ale was brewed, wine was stored and bread was baked.
- Stirling Heads Gallery: learn how about the wooden roundels carved for James V to show off the Stuart Lineage.
- Stirling Tapestries: on display in the Royal Palace. The workshops are based at the back of the castle.
- Regimental Museum: Stirling Castle was once home to the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Regiment. This museum will take you through 200 years of their distinguished service.
The castle offers free guided tours as well as the opportunity to buy audio guides in 8 languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Mandarin. If you would like a personal private tour contact Go Scotland Tours and we can arrange a castle tour with a qualified guide.
Tickets are valid all day for the day you choose to visit for one entry only. Prices may vary for special events.
For more details go to prices...
Operated by: Historic Scotland Rank 6
- 2 Day Tour of Loch Ness and Inverness
- Isle of Skye and Highlands Scotland Tour
- Scotland Highland Explorer Tour
- Outer Hebrides Tour Experience - Skye, Harris and Lewis
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky Trail Tour Scotland
- Orkney Islands and Far North of Scotland Tour
- more Scotland Tours