Scotland Tours Search
Historic Vaults of Edinburgh Walking Tour
Tour Theme: Ghost Tours
This tour starts from: Edinburgh
Duration: 1 Day - 1 hour 15 min
Book this tour if you'd like...
- to explore the history of the famous Blair Street Underground Vaults
- to see, and touch, artefacts from 19th Century
- hear how real people lived, and worked, in the Vaults
The Story of the Underground
This is a chance to visit our Underground Vaults – the deepest, largest and most extensive in the city in the company of a Mercat historian. After sitting unexplored for two centuries, there are many questions waiting to be answered…Why were the Vaults built? When and who by? Who used the Vaults? When and why? How did they work, and play?
Your guide will recount their history, recall their stories and answer your questions during this glimpse into our past.
*For health & safety reasons we are unable to allow any children under the age of 5 on our underground tours
Operated by: Mercat Tours
- 2 Day Tour of Loch Ness and Inverness
- Isle of Skye and Highlands Scotland Tour
- Scotland Highland Explorer Tour
- Outer Hebrides Tour Experience - Skye, Harris and Lewis
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky Trail Tour Scotland
- Orkney Islands and Far North of Scotland Tour
- more Scotland Tours