Scotland Tours Search
Historic Underground Edinburgh Tour
Tour Theme: Ghost Tours
This tour starts from: Edinburgh
Duration: Half Day - 1 hour 15min
Get exclusive access to the Blair Street Underground Vaults - the largest system of underground caverns in Edinburgh. Built in the 18th century beneath South Bridge, we're the only tour company with access.
Beneath the bustle of Edinburgh's Old Town you'll discover a dark, damp world unchanged since the 18th century. Your expert guide will lead you deep into the Blair Street Underground Vaults, and together you'll explore their history - including how they became home to the city's most destitute inhabitants.
Want to see Edinburgh's darkest secret?
It's a story rooted in Edinburgh's Georgian past - grand feats of engineering, the expansion of the city, and those who were left behind in its darker corners.
But why were the vaults built? And who used them? Save your questions for your local tour guide, a masterful storyteller who will bring the history of the vaults to life - and talk you through some of the artefacts that have survived.
The walking tour takes 1 hour and 15 minutes, with time at the end in our Discovery Room - complete with 3D model, artefacts, and a short presentation.
BOOK THIS TOUR IF YOU'D LIKE TO...
- Get exclusive access to the city's oldest, deepest vaults
- Discover secrets and stories of Edinburgh's underworld
- Enjoy a personal tour in a small group
- See and touch 19th century artefacts
- Visit our Discovery Room with 3D model and display
Edinburgh Historic Underground
Operated by: Mercat Tours Rank 4
- 2 Day Tour of Loch Ness and Inverness
- Isle of Skye and Highlands Scotland Tour
- Scotland Highland Explorer Tour
- Outer Hebrides Tour Experience - Skye, Harris and Lewis
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky Trail Tour Scotland
- Orkney Islands and Far North of Scotland Tour
- more Scotland Tours