Scotland Tours Search
The Edinburgh Outlander Walking Tour
Tour Theme: Historic Old Town Walking Tours
This tour starts from: Edinburgh
Duration: Half Day - 2 hours
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by a cheering crowd, 20,000 strong. Amid the chaos of rebellion we find Claire and Jamie, two characters entwined in a story that spans centuries.
Tracing the real events that inspired Diana Gabaldon's acclaimed novels, this tour captures the spirit of the Jacobite rebellion in Edinburgh - the Redcoats, the Highlanders and the smell of gunpowder in the air.
Behind the scenes of fact and fiction
Your expert guide will take you deep into the Old Town, to the places where history was made: Tolbooth Jail, Canongate Kirkyard and the World's End Tavern. If Edinburgh is the set for second Outlander novel, you're going behind the scenes.
What if your future was your past?
-Travel back in time to Edinburgh in the mid-18th century, when Claire and Jamie found themselves at the heart of the Jacobite uprisings and the aftermath.
- Visit the Old Town locations of Diana Gabaldon's brilliant Outlander series; from the might of Edinburgh Castle to the royal splendour of the Palace of Holyroodhouse and the closes that lie between.
-Experience life in Edinburgh 250 years ago through the vivid storytelling of your guide and the writing of Diana Gabaldon.
Book this tour if you'd like...
- To experience the Edinburgh explored by Outlander's Claire and Jamie
- Visit The Canongate Kirk, where Colum Mackenzie met Claire and Jamie for the last time
- the site of the Tolbooth Jail where the Fraser men of Lallybroch were imprisoned for desertion
- the World's End tavern and many other taverns mentioned in the books, which are still open today.
- Hear stories of witchcraft, the Jacobites, the Royal Stuarts, curses, clans and how the fictional story of Jamie and Claire intermingles with the true history
The Outland Tour Experience of Edinburgh
Operated by: Mercat Tours Rank 4
- 2 Day Tour of Loch Ness and Inverness
- Isle of Skye and Highlands Scotland Tour
- Scotland Highland Explorer Tour
- Outer Hebrides Tour Experience - Skye, Harris and Lewis
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky Trail Tour Scotland
- Orkney Islands and Far North of Scotland Tour
- more Scotland Tours