Scotland Tours Search
Wildlife Cruise from John OGroats
Tour Theme: Day Tours from the Highlands
This tour starts from: John OGroats
Duration: 1 Day - 90 min approx.
Enjoy one of our spectacular 90 minute afternoon cruises this summer. Pass rugged cliff scenery and see arctic skuas, storm petrels, colonies of guillemots, puffins, razorbills, kittiwakes, atlantic grey seals and much more!.
The route for the cruise depends on the tides and the weather. Our 2 main routes are:
1) Leave John O'Groats Harbour and cruise through the Pentland Firth past Duncansby Head Lighthouse passing close to sheer 200 ft high cliffs teeming with many different sea birds followed by a close up view of the famous Stacks of Duncansby.
2) Leave John O'Groats Harbour and cross the inner sound of the Pentland Firth for a close up view of the uninhabited Island of Stroma and colonies of Atlantic Grey Seals.
Birdlife can be seen on all our cruises however some have distinct breeding cycles and after their particular nesting season will travel far out to sea. For example Puffins will be seen in large numbers in June and July but in much smaller numbers in August.,
It really is a great thrill for all the family to get this close to Wildlife in their natural environment!
Operated by: JOG Ferry Rank 6
- 2 Day Tour of Loch Ness and Inverness
- Isle of Skye and Highlands Scotland Tour
- Scotland Highland Explorer Tour
- Outer Hebrides Tour Experience - Skye, Harris and Lewis
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky Trail Tour Scotland
- Orkney Islands and Far North of Scotland Tour
- more Scotland Tours