Scotland Tours Search
Scottish Borders Explorer Pass
Tour Theme: Historic and Cultural Tours
This tour starts from: Edinburgh
Duration: 1 Day or more
The key to unlocking hundreds of years of history at some of the top attractions in the Scottish Borders. The Scottish Borders Explorer is the ideal way to enjoy the fantastic heritage offered in South East Scotland.
Places to Visit:
- Situated by the River Tweed, Dryburgh Abbey's remarkably complete medieval ruins make it easy to appreciate the attractions of monastic life.
- Founded in 1138, Jedburgh Abbey was a frequent target for invading Border armies. Today there is a cloister and herb garden to explore, and a visitor centre containing a model of the Abbey in its heyday as well as 8th century carvings and artefacts excavated from the abbey grounds.
- Melrose Abbey is a magnificent ruin on a grand scale with lavishly decorated masonry. The Abbey is thought to be the burial place of Robert the Bruce’s heart.
An awesome, eerie ruin, Hermitage Castle has a history filled with intrigue, murder, trysts, torture and treason.
- Set high on a rocky outcrop, Smailholm Tower is a well-preserved 15th century rectangular tower set within a barmkin wall. It houses an exhibition of tapestries and costume dolls relating to Sir Walter Scott’s Minstrelsy of the Scottish Borders..
Dryburgh Abbey £5.50
Hermitage Castle £4.50
Jedburgh Abbey £5.50
Melrose Abbey £5.50
Smailholm Tower £4.50
Total Cost £25.50
Borders Pass £16.00
For more details go to prices...
Operated by: Historic Scotland Rank 7
- 2 Day Tour of Loch Ness and Inverness
- Isle of Skye and Highlands Scotland Tour
- Scotland Highland Explorer Tour
- Outer Hebrides Tour Experience - Skye, Harris and Lewis
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky Trail Tour Scotland
- Orkney Islands and Far North of Scotland Tour
- more Scotland Tours