Scotland Tours Search
Orkney Explorer Pass
Tour Theme: Historic and Cultural Tours
This tour starts from: Kirkwall or Lerwick
Duration: 5 Days or more
The key to unlocking thousands of years of History at some of the Top Attractions in Orkney and Shetland. The Orkney Explorer Pass is the ideal way to enjoy the fantastic heritage offered on these islands..
Places to Visit:
- Visit the 5,000 year old village of Skara Brae and see what life was like in the Stone Age.
- This world famous Maeshowe was built before 2700BC. The large mound covers a stone built passage and a burial chamber with cells in the walls. Timed tours now operate, please call in advance to book on 01856 761 606
- The Bishop’s Palace is a 12th-century hall-house in Kirkwall. The notorious Patrick Stewart, Earl of Orkney, built the adjacent Earl’s Palace between 1600 and 1607.
- Surrounded by a warren of Iron Age buildings, the Broch of Gurness probably dates to the 1st century AD.
- The Brough of Birsay is a Pictish and Norse powerbase with well, replica carvings, ruins of Norse homes and 12th century church.
- Hackness Martello Tower & Battery is one of a pair of towers built between 1813 and 1815 to provide defence against French and American privateers for British convoys assembling in the sound of Longhope.
- Wander around Jarlshof Prehistoric and Norse Settlement (at Sumburgh Head, Shetland), where people lived for more than 4,000 years.
Skara Brae £7.10
Broch of Gurness £5.50
Bishop's & Earl's £4.50
Hackness Tower £4.50
Brough of Birsay £4.50
Total Cost £37.10
Orkney Pass £18.00
The pass is valid from April – September only.
For more details go to prices...
Operated by: Historic Scotland Rank 7
- 2 Day Tour of Loch Ness and Inverness
- Isle of Skye and Highlands Scotland Tour
- Scotland Highland Explorer Tour
- Outer Hebrides Tour Experience - Skye, Harris and Lewis
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky Trail Tour Scotland
- Orkney Islands and Far North of Scotland Tour
- more Scotland Tours